[ST] Re:Fuel Connectors

Joe,
On my 02 Sprint the line that goes into the female fitting on the fuel
pump plate is larger, about 3/8" ID but it's probably a metric equivalent.
It comes from the left side of the FI's.  It is the return line.  The line
that goes into the in-line coupling that is attached to the fuel pump
plate is about 1/4" ID.  That goes to the right side AND even though they
look the same the hose going into the FI's is also 1/4" ID, Just a heavier
walled tubing.   It is also the output side of the fuel pump.  If MR
Pascal's Laws are being obeyed, then it really doesn't matter if they go
into the left or right side of that pipe that actually feeds the
injectors.  I would hope the Triumph engineers have a reason for making
the output smaller than the return so I would try to keep it that way.
Small tubing into right side of FI.  Large into left.  I would also bet
that if you put them in backwards it would still work just fine except for
some condition that probably the engineers are the only ones who know
about.
Hope this helps,
Rod

Join ISP.COM today - $8.95 internet , less than 1/2 the cost of AOL
Try us out, http://www.isp.com/