From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken
Mitchell
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:54 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Snow in England

David,

You should consider getting perforated leather or a Triumph Raptor jacket.
In that kind of weather, you're going to perspire some no matter what. With
the perforated leather or textiles, it's actually cooler than wearing just a
t-shirt, but you have good crash protection.

With a t-shirt, any perspiration is quickly evaporated once you start
riding. Feels cool for a minute. If you have the perforated textile or
leather jacket on, that evaporation is modulated and it's like riding with
an air conditioner on.

I use an Arai helmet, it has pretty good ventilation at speed, for a small
sacrifice in noise level. Your 32C (90F) is still quite tolerable for most
people if your kit is right. I have ridden in very-near 38c (100F) temps
with no ill effects, staying well hydrated is the most important thing.

I wish I could ride at all!

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spencer MA USA