RE: [ST] Re: snow and riding

> I think
> they were the
> only two motorcycles I saw underway in the 30 hours or so
> that I was there.

When I wrote the answer friday, I clicked on "sent" and had a look outside. Snow was falling deeply...
Time to end my work and leave.. at 5.30 pm.

2 hours for 50km. snow, Ice. Like the evening before, snow was transformed into ice by traffic. But on a longer distance. Particularly interesting was a 1.5km way down mix of snow/ice. Cars were stopped there. I didn't know why. After a while, I decided to go on the right side, where snow were virgin. cars were always stopped and once in fresh snow, I decided to continue and pass the cars on the right.

slowly, but not really safely, I reached the bottom and suprise, cars were stopped by another rider, frightened to fall down. The only other bike I've seen this evening. He made me signs showing it was very hard.

For my case, no fall, I arrived safely at home, lighted on the fireplace and took a double dose of single malt ;)

Pretty happy with the D207 front and the nearly worn BT20 rear. In two difficult trips I had only one beginning of skid from the front, braking at no speed in the way down. It was at this moment I decided to go in fresh snow...

Weather is better (not the time for the pool yet :) spring is coming but these moments will be a long time in my memory. Most difficult was to see something with snow sticking on screen and fog inside, despite the anti-fog system.

Saturday, I washed the bike and greased the boots...

Pascal Auger
'00 silver Daytona 955
'01 blue Sprint ST
France