From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Big
Riff
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:15
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] ST Gearing Mod

Finally got a chance to really get out and test the 17 tooth counter
sprocket mod this weekend.

Dropping two teeth is a major change.  The engine really runs through the
revs much quicker.  It feels like each gear is one lower than with the 19T.
80mph in 6th puts the engine around 5500 rpm, which is a bit more buzzy than
the 5000 rpm with the stock gearing.

So far I like it, but 18T may be the best compromise for me.  We'll see
after some more saddle time...

John in NJ
'01 BRG ST

*