[ST] Riding in NW

Howdy from the Great NW,

I got out for a couple nice rides this weekend after doing my "have to's".
Saturday I romped down south of my home in Auburn into Eastern Pierce County
along a couple lakes and back home on one of the faster roads to get home for
dinner.  The sky was Severe Clear and temps in the low to mid-60s.

Sunday a friend at church mentioned a forest road east of Greenwater off
Highway 410 going into the Cascade mountains.  Forest Road 70 has 10 mile of nice
pavement.  The first couple miles were straight and I wondered what was the
attraction other than the nice forest.  Then I went up and over a nice hill with
a mix of 12% grade and 20 mph hairpins.  Tasty.  The only downside was that
air got quite a bit cooler in the shade of the hills and trees, not to mention
a little extra elevation.  All in all an interesting road, though not much at
the end of the pavement.

The drought here will have consequences later in the summer, but the riding
is great now.

Steve Knudsen
"00 RS
Auburn, WA