[ST] It happened in Texas

I feel like I got a new bike yesterday.  After a couple of years and
admittedly only 12,000 miles of my own, I have turned my '74 R90 over
100,000 miles, it now has 268 miles on the ODO.

I had this fantasy of turning the bike over at some spectacular spot, of
which there are many in New Mexico, however, it rolled 1 mile short of
the NM/Texas border north of El Paso at an RV dealership.  Oh well...

I got a last minute invite from a college buddy of mine whom I haven't
seen in somewhere around 17 years to come and meet his family in El Paso
over the weekend.  I thought, what the hell and went.  The Beemer's got
a new battery and a tire with about 600 miles left in it, why not?

As a ride report, it's pretty boring, I-25 south for a bit over 250
miles, the alternatives aren't all that inviting.  The upside is that at
85 mph, 85% of the traffic was passing me, even the Highway Patrol.
Makes for a fast trip.  the other upside is I wasn't trapped in a cage
and the weather was perfect, if a bit windy.

Now I've only got about 50,000 miles left to put 6 digits on the ST's
odometer.  I'd better get on it!

Dan Wallander