[ST] Kevlar Riding Gear

Last month I posted my report of finding a hockey rink cleverly disguised as
a bend in the road.  The good news is the bike has been ride-able and
Progressive's insurance adjuster has been very cooperative, agreeing to my
performing the repairs and even coming to my home to see the dial indicator
set up on a tweaked rotor.

They're also going to buy my beat up Triumph Aspen riding suit.  The bad
news is I have to decide what to buy in its place.  This is one of the
better-researched articles I've found on high-end touring gear:
http://tinyurl.com/53crc .  I agree with many of the points raised by the
author.

Since I always wear full protective gear, year-round riding in the US
Pacific Northwest does create some challenges.  On a summer day one can go
from 100+ degF in the high desert to foggy and 50's on the coast.  In the
winter: below freezing in the desert and warm & wet :] on the coast.  I want
and am willing to pay for one suit which will work in these extremes.

High on my list is the Cycleport Ultra II Kevlar jacket
http://tinyurl.com/9pcb * and pants http://tinyurl.com/ypn5 , both with
liners.  Yes it's expensive - about the same as Aerostitch - but unlike
Aerostitch, it is comfortable over a wide temperature range, with excellent
venting and crash-ability which may be second to none.  I know one rider who
wears their Kevlar and he gives rave reviews.  The down side is they're
about nine weeks out on delivery right now.

Anyone have experience with this product?
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST
desplomes en el hielo

* website needs work

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the joy of low price has
gone."
	--Unknown