From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rick
& Joyce
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:05 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Locating a switched power line nearest to back of ST

George wrote:
> Attaching to the rear light was going to be my suggestion.  I hooked up
the
> heated grips I installed on the wife's Ducati there.  Piece of cake and
> very convenient!

I respectfully suggest that using a critical circuit [lighting, ignition
etc.] to supply power to an accessory is risky.  This is particularly true
if the accessory is power-hungry.  Would you like to try to continue without
that circuit, should it fail?

If you want to increase your chances of getting home, you may want to
include a *fused* relay which takes power from the battery.  Then trigger
the relay, with a low-amperage fuse in-line from the switched circuit.

- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST

*