RE: [ST] FW: new Sprint ST review by ducati ST rider

> My God!  Does Triumph own shares in Racetec?   Why do they keep
> producing bikes that have us all running down to suspension shops to
> replace the front end.  The only major criticism I have of my long
> suffering '99 ST is the suspension - in particular the front end.  Why
> not spend the bucks and get it right I wonder.
>

> David

A lot people put race tech cartridge emulators in their forks. I felt a
huge improvement when I changed the springs and put in the cartridge
emulators (probably mostly the springs). Since putting my emulators in I
have not felt the need to take them out and change the damping. I am
probably not a good enough rider to notice the subtle differences. I
knew when the damping my rear shock went but that was not subtle.

So while I agree that Triumph should have put fully adjustable
suspension on the bike I do not think this is doing to cause an issue
for most owners.

Rupert