Re: [ST] BAD Cop.......

In a previous email, Heyer, Matthew A. wrote:
> I don't doubt your conclusion as
> this is what typically happens, especially with a bike that powerful and
> "cool" amongst a group of young kids (who we all know are prone to
> show-off, as we were all their age at some point in time...).

And there is always an exception to the rule. When he was 17, my son
wanted his MC license. I told him that there was no way that I would
teach him, he would have to take the MSF course. I enrolled him in one
and he had to take the state written test before the class. He took the
test twice and failed. Then he came to me and said, "Dad. I'm probably
better off not getting my license. I'm too spacey." I lost the deposit
but I was happy to pay for it knowing that I raised a man that knows
when it is time to walk away.

This may sound all mushy but today was not a good day. They were
shooting stills of a car in which 5 20-something died after being hit by
a train. When I saw the car all I could hear was the machinery as they
tried to extricate my brother from his final car ride 16 years ago.

In a previous email, Denis Liakos wrote:
 >  No, I don't believe there are any circumstances when a call to 911
 > should be handled with anything less than professionalism and urgency.
 > The cop blew it, period.  He was entrusted with a specific task and
 > couldn't complete it. "Extenuating circumstances" may have contributed
 > to the victim's death.  How would you like to be the person making the
 > call as you watch a friend or loved one dying, and be told "too bad"?
 > What bullshit, must we all fall prey to being PC about everything?  Get
 > real....there's no explanation for his behavior.

Denis, I could not have said it better. I could not agree with you more.
Well actually I could agree with you more, but I want to keep the mushy
stuff to a minimum.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA