Re: [ST] for Rod - s.o.p.

Guys,
Let me explain exactly and in context about the conversation that I had
something like a year or year and a half ago with Peter Corleo.  I had just
purchased Colder fittings for my bike and the NHTSA folks had not made any
ruling at that time so it may have been a bit longer than what I recall.
The reason that I called him was to try and get the Triumph hose clamps used
on those fittings.  I tried through my dealer and was told you could only
get them with the connectors, not separately.  Prior to that you had to buy
the hoses with the clamp.  Get this, Triumph had a "confidential" parts list
to separate the connectors from the hoses.  Getting to sound a bit like
X-Files aye :-)    Anyhow I call him up.  When I ask him about getting the
hose clamps he said they can't sell them separately because the replacement
can only be done by a Triumph certified mechanic.  I'm using certified which
may not be the term he used but it equated to a factory trained mechanic.  I
learned shortly thereafter that Triumph doesn't have such a program in the
US or at least did not at the time.  He went on to explain what a dangerous
proposition it was to work on a "high pressure" fuel injection system.  40
psi, hell normal fuel line is rated for more than that.   I tried to explain
that I was just trying to fix what I considered a hazardous situation.  That
really lit him up and he said and this lit me up that Triumph has more
problems with paint than it does with fuel fittings.  The is were he said
something like if you work on those connectors you may void your warrantee.
It's been so long I don't remember the exact words and he DID NOT say you
WILL void your warrantee but it was obvious to me it was an implied threat
to which I made a parting comment that in the good ol' USA Triumph can not
void a warrantee just because I worked on it myself.  They would have to
prove I was negligent.

I think he may remember me because I have sent him two emails within the
last month inquiring about recall notifications which I have not received on
my ST.  It is an 02 model which definitely falls in the criteria, but a
check with Atlanta's database says it has no recalls.  It also says my
Silver 02 is Red and my address is wrong which I would like to correct.  No
answers from Mr. Carleo.

This is why I will always say my bike is great, my original dealer was
terrific, but corporate Triumph sucks.

Rod