[ST] I justsat on a new ST!

i dontget very excited about new bikes. I also tend to need some time
on a bike before i feel at home on one.
My day started as usual on an unusually misty morning, driving in to
work at 7:30am. The bike was booked in for an MOT at 11:30am so i took
it down to the place i have used for 25 years. On the way i noticed
that the speedo wasnt working so instead of waiting for the MOT to
take place they lent me a Yamaha Diversion. YEUK

on return, there was my trusty steed waiting but i needed to go to the
Triumph dealer to ascertain the problem with the speedo. The roads are
clogged with drivers cursing the unexpected heat and roadworks making
traffic snarl.

i get to the dealer and hand over the keys and hang around. I saw the
new Triple but it is much smaller in length than i though. It does
look nice but not quite what i would like to be on. Maybe a test run?
I asked why they had no new ST and was pointed to the demonstrator
outside. WOW!

It was sitting next to a rocket but i didnt give that much of a look.
I have been critical of the sharpness of the design but this looks
great. I sat on it and immediately i felt at home!

I have to go back next week to get the speedo fixed so i will be on
the old Daytona for a while. However the new bike wont be able to be
available toill September and i doubt i could afford it then. Guess
ill wait a year or so for a nearly new model.

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."