[ST] Miguel & Eric Bostrom

I was sitting in Cincinnati airport today minding my own business waiting
for my connection when I notice Miguel Duhammel and EBoz sitting 15 feet
away. No large entourage, just Miguels pretty Asian gal. They were on the
way to Birmingham (where I had come from) to test at Barber. They were both
so unassuming, down to earth.

John: So Miguel were you disappointed that the AMA changed the Daytona 200
to a non-Superbike race or were you glad because you had been going around
there in years past just holding your breath waiting for your tire to
disintegrate at 195 mph?
Miguel: Well, to be honest, it's still a kind of a super bike race. And
(smiling) I was not one of the ones that went around worrying about my rear
tire.

John: Eric, I was really pulling for you last year. You put in one hellava
wildcard ride at Laguna in ' 02 -- I really enjoyed that race, thanks.
About your Ducati last year, it is kind of disappointing to me anyway, that
Ducati have now brought the full WSB spec 999's to support Hodgson this
year and failed to give you that level of support last year. Does that
bother you?

Eric: I don't remember exactly what he said but he wasn't really agreeing
with me. Seemed like he wasn't really interested in weighing in on that one.

After I chatted away my welcome I said I hoped to see them at Barber and
invited them to a cookout.

They were both as nice as could be. How refreshing. Nobody else recognized
them I don't guess.
You folks that see all the riders every year in the pits, etc. and testing
days while you are cornerworking, etc, well, I don't ever get to see & talk
to the riders then so I was pretty excited;-)

John Petrey

End of st-digest V2004 #892