[ST] End to Crank story (hopefully...)

Just spoke with the dealer and they did indeed confirm that the crank
and/or bearings had not been heat-treated correctly and as a
consequence, when I tried to start the bike (seemed starting the bike
was a "known thing" when dealing with this issue - the Triumph USA guy
asked the dealer, the dealer didn't tell him) something "went" and an
inch and half of the crank was snapped off.  The motor is not the type
where the pistons come into contact with the valves (non-terminating
perhaps ??) so there was no problem up top so to speak - they did a test
to double-check and all was well at the top end.

They are currently waiting for a bearing (or something..geek speaking
here) before they can finish the job but he is hoping for the weekend.
They have most of the stuff and they are fitting it as I write.

Triumph are covering everything..which I think is a very good of them.
They don't have to and given my experience with car manufacturers it is
indeed good of them.  I strongly believe in complaining when something
is not done correctly and I also believe strongly when something is done
correctly in a situation like this.  I will, therefore, be sending a
letter to Triumph USA thanking them. I am also pleased the dealer is off
the hook so to speak.  I had strong suspicions (who the hell wouldn't)
and I was trying to get some facts together just in case but it does
seem the 12K had nothing to do with it and in fact they have been very
helpful (see above re" when something goes right) so I am pleased to put
the record straight.of course I haven't got the bike yet or ridden it
so..  :-)

Cant wait to get it back.will be very apprehensive when riding it for a
while though :)

Of course I cant ride Sunday (mother's day - need to keep her sweet for
the next bike) and Sat the forecast is for pissing down :-(

Cheers,

Kevin