Re: [ST] un-subscribe

Tom,

Your post brings up an interesting subject, one's personal history of bikes. I'd love to hear what others have owned, and which they liked. My story reads like this:

1. 82 Suzuki GS450 - great starter bike, loved it so much I sold it to my bro so he could learn to ride on it.
2. 89 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 - really liked this bike and it was the only cruiser I've ever owned. It met with an untimely demise at the hands of a Buick and almost took me with it...
3. 79 Honda CB750 - this bike was the friggen devil, in a bad way. I owned it for 2 years, it never ran. I poured twice it's original purchase price into it trying to fix its myriad electrical gremlins to no avail. Finally sold it for half what I paid for it. Seriously turned me off from ever owning another Honda. The worst vehicle I've ever owned.
4. 89 Honda Transalp - the one bike I never should have gotten rid of. Had it alongside the CB and sold it to finance CB repairs (AH!). The most comfortable ride I've ever had, a little low on power but otherwise a hoot.
5. 83 BMW R65LS - bought this for $300 off a college buddy of mine who'd had it in a barn for 10 years. It was never much of a looker, but it ran and was fun to fix up. Yet another bike that I sold to my brother.
6. 89 Yamaha FJ1200 - oh, so much torque. Great long distance machine. Sold it to get the trumpet.
7. 00 Triumph Sprint RS - 4 years, lots of miles, no end in sight.

I think that's all of them.

Nate
00SprintRS

Thomas Emberson wrote:

I have yet to own a Honda, hmmm, 1 Suzuki, 2 Yamaha's and 3 Kawasaki's, but no Honda's. Hmmmm, hope they come out with the V5, um, 'er, hope I can afford it :-)

cheers,
Tom