Re: [ST] Previous bikes

Not as impressive as some of the other itemizations but here it is:

1970 Honda Z50A. My brother and I won it in a contest when I was 9. First prize was a snowmobile which I'm glad we didn't win. We used to ride it up and down an old farm trail behind our house(Between Deepwood Drive and Birch Hill Drive in So. Windsor, CT). We even made a few dirt piles for jumping but we never managed to get that little sucker airborne.

1980 Honda CM400T. This was my Dad's bike. After Alzheimer's had set in he couldn't ride any more so it sat in my Mom's garage for a while. When my brother and I were cleaning out the garage he asked me if I wanted it. He had already made off with all my father's good tools so I didn't hesitate to grab the bike. I got my license on that "Little Red Putt-Putt." I blew the head gasket out on it twice on the same hill on I-280 in NJ and fixed it twice. It still sits in my garage. Still registered and insured. Mostly out of sentimental reasons.

2000 Sprint ST. Shortly after hitting 12,000 miles and two days short of its 2nd birthday it met an untimely death at the hands of a left turning Volvo. I loved that bike. Within two weeks after it was murdered I was on a...

2001 Sprint ST. Today on the ride home it will hit 24,000 miles. This summer it will take me to CA and back.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"We all enter the world in the same way: naked, screaming, soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there."
-- Dana Gould