Re: [ST] Supermotos

Think I'd wait for the Aprilia V-Twin Supermoto -- right now a 450, but I expect a displacement increase soon. Extremely light and compact motor .

Dave Bardell

Matt Knowles wrote:

With supermotos all the rage, here's an idea I'll throw out there.

Take a lightweight v-twin motor (Yamaha's 550 V-twin from the Vision series would do nicely.) Drop it into a bike like the KLR650. Then make it so you could easily swap rims front and back. DP tires on wire rims for going offroad, sticky road tires on mags for paved roads.

Put a comfortable seat on it and a bit of wind protection so you could tour on it.

snip