Re: [ST] electrical demons (sorry longish)

I have recently experienced the ground wire problems (or 'earth' as we call
it down here) and noticed that a lot of moisture gets into the loom and that
all the crimps were corroding.

As my 'passing' button has stopped working as well, I was planning on
dismantling the switch blocks and cleaning them and re crimping all the connections.

The advice from my dealer was to be very careful as it can be difficult to
put the switch blocks back together.

He suggested the best course of action would be to buy replacement switch
blocks from a low mileage crashed bike. I'm not sure about this as mine is a '99
ST and I'm concerned about the wiring being different on later models, eg the
hazard switch was removed in 2000 or 2001, I believe.

Has anyone had much experience with this? Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Brett
Sydney