[ST] Previous bikes

Here's my version - not as impressive but I had fun.

1980 - Yamaha FS50, bought new & my first bike. Loved it but trashed it trying to use it as a scrambler.
1982 - Yamaha MR50, bought used & fixed up - a real gutless, characterless but faithful bike.
1984- Yamaha XT500, bought it knackered, got it running and had a hoot getting dumped in river beds and trashing my ankle with its mad kick start.
1985- Suzuki Katana 550 - new and the best bike I've had prior to my RS. Rode this thing like a lunatic, scraped bits that should never hit the ground, burnt valves, dropped it a few times but came away with no serious injuries.
1985 - Honda CB400 - brothers bike that I rode while he was in the army - boring but very reliable.
1987 - Kawasaki GPZ750, previously been a race bike, pulled like a train but was scary in the twisty bits. Split the head running it too hard on a long uphill, and sold it as is.

1987 to 2001 : long break from bikes after letting the fiancé/ wiff get the better of me (sniff).

2002 : BMW F650 - second hand, had a lot of fun on this riding gravel roads and getting my bike sense back. Very boring on tar.
2005 : New Sprint RS -best thing since sliced bread. Fitted an aftermarket pipe that makes it sing - best sound I've ever heard plus it goes like nothing I've ever owned.

Am I only glad I didn't buy that VFR800II I rode last year - the sprint has character and handling in buckets!

Keep the rubber side down,

Marc