Re: [ST] Previous bikes

i notice that a few people took time off due to family pressures. That
never happened to me - with the gaps being due to financial
inadequacies - but two incidents i recall:

I drove up to Inverness with a girlfriend on a CBR1000, best described
as a big sofa on two wheels (the bike that is.......motorbike). Parked
in her parents driveway and relaxed. When the parents returned the
mother came in and hit me. While she knew we were coming up on a
motorbike, she got a shock when she saw the size of it in her
driveway!

Bikes and girls are inextricably linked. Certain girls were so hot for
bikes it was common at a certain age to always have a spare helmet
strapped on the back. One ex girlfriend stopped to speak to me at a
surprise meeting in town and uttered "oh! you have your motorbike".
While we had an acrimonious split - heh! im a bstrd - it seemed
appropriate to have one last ride............

--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow