[ST] Off the ST...

So saw the doc yesterday, after getting a billion MRI's of my central nervous system (still looking for a brain...), and the consensus take is that I have severe degeneration and bulging of three discs in my neck (which does explain some weird neuro symptioms I've been having). It's worse in extension (head back) which means that riding a bike that leans forward is Right Out.

She wants to do fusion like next week - there are signs of damage to the spinal cord - but I'm going to do some research and doctor shopping first.

But she demanded, and I committed that I won't do any bicycle or motorcycle riding of any duration.

So I'm going to shopping this month...V-Strom is the practical choice, Tiger next, I like the GS1200, but there's no way I'm spending that much. I'd buy a KTM Supermoto first...

So Vixen's got to go.

Because of the high mileage, (64,000 with 62,500 showing) I won't get much. So part of me thinks it makes sense to do a defeature - sell off the upgraded components and extras for stock ones and cash.

Part of me thinks that if I could find a good home for it, I'd rather keep it whole.

What do folks suggest - both on alternative bikes and how best to sell it?

Vixen has:

3-bag set (top box base is cracked);
Penske remote resovoir shock;
T-3 6 piston calipers;