Re: [ST] Speaking of Throttle Cable

Check if the hard plastic sleeve at the bar end of the
cable is not broken or slit. The cable would then get
stuck and that may explain your troubles (don't ask me
how I know...).
Changing the cable is pretty straightforward. Undo the
old cable from the engine and then from the
handlebars. Then attach the new one to the engine side
first then to the handlebars making sure the angle is
correct.
I am talking about a 99. I think the throttle bar
assembly changed somewhat on later models but I don't
know how it affects the cable.

Jean Doublet
Sprint ST 99
Guzzi CX100 Le Mans II 1980