From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Garry Simmons
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 9:51 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Clutch Life?

---- Richard Relph <Richard.Relph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some advice would be gratefully received.
> When changing the Clutch Cable, are there any tips?
> How long does it take?
> Adjusting?

Loosen the cable adjuster on the engine end and remove it from it's mount. Then take the cable off the actuating arm. On the lever end, pull the lever towards the bar a little so that you can undo the cable. Tie a string around the end of the old cable and pull it through. Maybe you can attach the new cable to the old one somehow (tape?). The idea is to use the old one as a guide for the new one.

Attach new cable at both ends. Screw the adjuster on the lever in all the way. Use the cable adjuster on the engine end to get a few millimeters of free play at the lever. Then use the lever cable adjuster to reduce that to about 0.5 mm. Done.

I'm going to replace my cable (just because) and perhaps put the actuating arm from a Speed Triple on instead. The arm is about a half inch longer and should lighten the heavy feel of the clutch. I'll check my clutch plates at the same time.

Garry