Re: [ST] newbie question about tank vacuum

On May 9, 2005, at 11:29 AM, jrice wrote:

To Mike, when I got my ST '01it did the same as yours when it was almost empty but after a year or so has stopped doing it. If anyone can explain this please do, it will be greatly appreciated.

Several possibilities:

1. While having your bike serviced (you did have it serviced sometime during the first year didn't you?) a mechanic noticed that the vent was installed backwards and fixed it.

2. Whatever crud had plugged the hose broke loose from vibration.

3. Whatever was causing the hose to be pinched was moved, either intentionally or not.

4. The gremlins found a nicer home and took up residence there.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned