Re: [ST] 2002 ST HEADLIGHT BULBS - IN AUSTRALIA

Speaking of head lamp alignment, are there any specs available to set them
to? And does anybody have them?

Well I can tell you how I set them, although I'm not sure exactly where I picked the technique up from.

Take the bike, a measuring tape, a chamois or heavy cloth and an assistant to a convenient carpark after sunset (romantic huh?).

Sit on the bike and have the assistant measure from ground level to the centre of the headlights, roughly bulb level.

Arrange the bike on a flat surface, squarely facing a wall at a distance of about 8 metres, with the rider seated.

Cover one headlight with a heavy cloth, start the bike and turn on the high beams so that they shine on the wall.

Have the assistant measure from the base of the wall to the centre of the 'hot spot' (bright core of light).
Adjust the beam height so that the centre of the hot spot is 3-4cm lower than the centre of the headlight (the first measurement you took).

Now switch the cover to the other lens and repeat for the second beam.

Once the beams are height adjusted for high beam, dip will automatically be taken care of.

Now move the bike to open ground where the light pattern falls on flat ground and with the beams on dip adjust the horizontal adjusters to obtain a satisfactory spread with no dark holes.

Job done.
It's much easier to do this if you remove the large side panels to allow easier access to the screw adjusters.

HTH,
Howlin'