Re: [ST] Previous Bikes

on 5/8/05 10:45 PM, STeve Duncan at xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> From: Denny Cornett III <dbcornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: [ST] Previous Bikes
>> Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 18:48:57 -0400
>>
>> 1968 Honda Mini Trail
>> 1973 Yamaha 175 Enduro
>> 1968 Triumph Trophy 500
>> 1968 Triumph Daytona 500
>> 1972 Norton Commando Interstate
>> 2000 Triumph Sprint RS
>> 1950 Vincent Black Shadow
>> 1952 Triumph Thunderbird
>>
>> DC
>>

> OK, now did something "pop out" here to anyone else?   :-)
>
> Denny, if you have a Black Shadow, can I come hang with you awhile?  Really,
> no distance is too great to travel, really.
>
> We had one down at RPM for a while, I tried to get Keith to let me ride it.
> He almost was ready to give in................. then he sold it.  Bastid
> :-)
>

> Oh and the '56 Bird is nice as well.  Can I ride it too?
>

> eL Donut
> jinete en la tormenta
>
> STeve Duncan
> '00-Sprint-ST
> '96-DR350S

Steve,
The Shadow is my dream bike.  My Dad had one briefly in the 50's.  The guy
who had it traded to my Dad for a Jaguar, then decided that he wanted the
bike back.  This was OK for my Dad because 60mph in first gear was too much
for him.  This only has about 8000 miles on it.  It sat for a good part of
its life.  The Triumph was my Dad's.  He bought it when it was about 2 years
old.
I'm in Louisville, and will be at Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio in July.  I will
take either the Norton or Vincent.
Denny