Re: [ST] Temp sensor woes

Hey,

Thanks to Chris and Rick for their replies. I got it off easily with a little screwdriver under each end of the clip.

The sensor is reading around 2.1kOhm with the engine cold, and if I start the bike with the sensor disconnected, the Engine Management light stays on, and the electric fan spins up when the ignition goes off.

Can I assume then that the sensor is OK, and that it's just the gauge that's faulty? Does anyone have a reading (hot or cold) for the sensor's resistance? If it's just the gauge, I'll go ahead and ride, as there's no traffic involved at all. Miles of open roads and fun, fun, fun for 3 days hopefully.

Thanks again,

Andrew