Re: [ST] RE: Brett - been there

Hey Gene,

Sorry to hear of your mishaps. I have had a broken ankle from riding an off
road trike. I hate trikes. Trikes are dangerous ride. Only even numbers of
wheels work for bikes, in my opinion.

Anyway, with the benefit of wonderful hind sight if I had done my observation
just a little differently I probably would have avoided this crash. I've had
to plenty of incidents where I have had to stop very quickly and done so quite
fine. I practice this regularly. I have had the front end loose traction in a
corner more than once and saved it.

This time, the exact point where I applied the front brake was on a patch of
tarmac about ten inches long by 5 inches wide, containing oil and dampness
from the rain that morning. Very difficult to see when riding as there was only a
slight change in colour.
Just bad luck on that on for me. The really annoying thing for me is that I'm
far to old and sensible these days. I've had enough of recovering from
injuries and the time without and off the bike is time I'll never get back.

I have never thought of the ST brakes as sensitive or grabby. Quite the
opposite infact. Perhaps there are other factors at play in the case of your lock
ups?

Hope you are recovering well and keeping sane during your down time.

Cheers
Brett
Sydney
($7,000 so far to fix the ST)