RE: [ST] RE: Brett - been there

>From: david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx
>I disagree with the statement
>  "it's best to start braking gently, then building up pressure gradually to ..."
>Since when you first apply the brakes you are at max speed (duh)
>So every msec is costing you lots of distance.

Yeah, you're right. I was contradicting myself with that, considering
the slow speed lock up. What I meant was, I guess, to brake hard but
smooth...hmm... so hard but soft...as in not smashing put pushing..?
ah, whatever, just brake hard :-) and watch out when going slower.
Thanx for the correction and the rotational energy explanation, that
sounds a lot nicer than how I put it.

Emile
www.piloot.com