[ST] Can't Complain

After 19 years of street riding I suffered my first flat tyre incident on the way into work today.  I have two questions:

1) Is it ok to let the m/c stand on the flat for say 10 hours and not damage the wheel?  Had to leave it at a firehouse, get into work, I'll figure out how to get it home later.

2) If the flat causing opening isnt't bad, can a tyre be patched from the inside?  I still probably have a good 7000 more miles left on it/them.

My guess is that the puncture is pretty good as it went from full to flat in a mile or two.

Rich