[ST] Got my bike back

Picked the bike up last night. List of parts was 3 pages long and would
have cost 2.5 to 3K to fix had I been paying for it. I have to run it in
again now :-(
They pretty much replaced the whole bottom end it seems.
Just rode it in to work and it feels good (its a tad cold 'oop north)
but great to be out and about.
The dealer showed me the crank - at the end of the crank there is a
small shaft/spline that the starter motor engages. It was this little
spline thingy that broke off - hence Triumph sort of knew it happened
while I was starting it. So it turns out it probably would never have
gone bang while I was riding it. You could see the metal was not a
consistent color - which is an indication that it was not heat-treated
correctly so I am told.
I thanked the service manager at the dealer  for his efforts on my
behalf. I will be sending Triumph a letter thanking them also - it was
their fault really (or their suppliers if they don't make cranks in
house) but they stepped up. I don't generally judge someone when things
are going good but more when the shit hits the fan - more a true test of
character.
Glad the whole episode is over and I can get back out riding.
Cheers,
Kevin