Re: [ST] Can't Complain

On May 13, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Masiak, Richard wrote:
1) Is it ok to let the m/c stand on the flat for say 10 hours and not damage the wheel? Had to leave it at a firehouse, get into work, I'll figure out how to get it home later.

Damage the wheel? Heck no.

2) If the flat causing opening isnt't bad, can a tyre be patched from the inside? I still probably have a good 7000 more miles left on it/them.

A lot of folks are justifiably leery of patching a motorcycle tire since, unlike a car, a flat or blowout on a motorcycle can quickly become a fatal event. Having said that, I had my local motorcycle shop plug and patch (from the inside) a rear Michelin Pilot Sport that picked up a screw in the center of the tread 2-3 days after I bought it. I rode that tire for more than 5,000 miles, including loaded touring and track days, without incident.
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
San Mateo, CA (USA)