RE: [ST] Throttlemeister vs Vista Cruise

<<
>From: Nathan Maher
>The TM automatically disengages as you roll off
>the throttle in case of an emergency.

Did they change this? I was pretty sure you
had to turn the TM direction throttle open
to disengage. That's how the Wunderlich device
worked at least and I thought the TM I saw
in Calif worked like that as well. But if
they reversed the direction it changes a lot.

You are mistaken.  The TM disengages in the direction you turn the throttle
closed.  Now I think I know why so many people think the TM is so dangerous.
It's being judged by the Wunderlich you describe.  The Wunderlich sounds
like a REALLY bad design.

I've used the same TM on both my Sprint ST's.  And left one on the Sprint
Executive when I let it go.  I don't set it to LOCK and UNLOCK.  I set it as
if it were a drag screw, remember those?  It only puts enough tension on the
throttle to slow it's closure if my hand is removed.  It takes some playing
with, but you can find the balance with practice.  The Vista Cruiser seems
like a throttle lock to me.  And I won't have one of them.  Plus, I've never
seen one that didn't look, well, cheap and chintzy.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen