Re: [ST] New ST

In a message dated 5/15/2005 5:24:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx writes:

So I  am going to have a choice between a run out '04 or a new '05.

What  should I pick?

I cannot find out what the capacities are of the  panniers on the '05 model.

  Brett,
 Was at Team Triumph's  _http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/_
(http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/)     open house yesterday and although they didn't have a '05 ST
to demo there was a  guy who had one with the hard bags there for
inspection.Now IMHO the '05 ST was  styled (and it looks great) with OUT the bags. They
look like an  after-thought. The bags are placed much higher. They are
definitely shorter  (top to bottom) than 04's. and wide.... viewed from the back they
look like  "Alfred E. Newman's ears" sticking out there like that!!! With the
bags,  the 05 ST measures 44 inches wide  versus my 03 which is 33 inches
wide with the bags on. Go see one with the bags on, walk all around it and
look...if you like what you see then order it. H*ll even the angular  styled
Aprilia Futura's bags  have a better integrated style.
 Oh.... the new 05 bags are listed as holding 32 liters versus the 04  and
earlier's 36 liters.

 Don Kames
 03 ST in IL.