[ST] Bionic Bike

Cool.  I wonder how much it would cost to rebuild my 2000 RS engine to these specs?

-----Original Message-----
From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
simonb
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:41 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Re: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 2, Issue 39

<SNIP>
The engine changes offer even more of the long-legged performance the
Sprint ST is renowned for. The new 120bhp powerplant is identical to the
new 955cc three-cylinder engine fitted to the new Speed Triple and
Sprint RS. Employing high-pressure die-cast crankcases for both strength
and lightness, the DOHC 12-valve liquid-cooled engine’s new cylinder
head utilizes 1mm larger inlet valves and 1mm smaller exhaust valves,
set at a narrower included angle. Both inlet and exhaust ports are
redesigned for better gas flow and the new cast pistons run in steel
liners. Compression ratio is up from 11.2:1 to 12:1.while crankcase
breathing is revised to minimise power loss. The new engine is 2.5kg
lighter than before.