RE: [ST] Re: minor annoyance- drain plug oil leak

Ultra-Black

It's the duct tape of the sealant world.  I use it for everything else I can't use duct tape for ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Denis Liakos
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:50 AM
To: st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Re: minor annoyance- drain plug oil leak

Sunday's oil and filter change resulted in a slow drip from the drain plug.
I've replaced the aluminum crush washer with a softer copper one, but I
still have this minor slow drip.  I may have been over zealous in tightening
the plug, and was hoping someone might have a suggestion for remyding this.

Thanks

Denis Liakos