Re: [ST] Mudguard support for luggage

In a previous email, Rupert Galea wrote:

I am finally getting around to fitting the mudguard support for the
Triumph hard panniers.

Since I bought the luggage used I did not get the piece of paper that
shows you where to drill the holes in the mudguard.

Does someone have their bike nearby who could measure the distance
from the middle of the back of the mudguard to the bottom of the
support?

If you look at the diagram at the bottom of this page
http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/panniers/panniers_6.jpg

I am looking for the measurement from the bottom of the mudguard to
the bottom of part 4

OMFG That is almost the same as the post that I put up about 3 years ago. No one came back with a reply so I just stuck the dang thing in there where I thought that it would make the most sense.

I placed the center hole 2-1/8" up from the bottom of the mud guard. Once I had that placed I marked the other two holes and drilled them from the inside with a small right angle drill.

If you need more info let me know and I'll take better measurements.

I am off on a much needed 3 day ride tomorrow :)

Have fun!

-- Steve Lawler Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles."
-- Frank Lloyd Wright