Re: [ST] new helmets

That would be me, Bil.

Obviously the larger companies can or will charge a chunk more than the lesser known upstarts. R&D is expensive but good marketing and endorsements from top riders will net a premium. But honestly, I would like to know what the profit margin is on a top of the line Arai. One thing would be interesting if somebody would do a blind comparison test. All labels and graphics removed. Maybe even a label switcharoo - that would be great. Often enough I heard people say they didn't really like the fit of the helmet but since it was expensive - it must be good.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bil Swartz" <bil@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:14 AM
Subject: RE: [ST] new helmets

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Bob Floyd wrote:

-Can't remember who started the thread, but just forget I ever said anything
-and do what you were going to do anyway!

Right-on Bob, and you're right, there are at least two sides to every story...

To me the most important factor is comfort in a helmet, since if it isn't
comfortable you won't keep in on your head!

--

._O_. '03 Sprint ST
-Bil- /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport /~\