[ST] GenMar risers - on an RS

Hi folks

Noting the recent thread on Genmar, I'll just add my
comments.

I've had my RS for 5 years, and run with ST bars on
for about 4 years now, but lately even that position
has started hurting this old fogey's wrists and back
on a long run - so I recently bought Genmar risers.

And it's good. They fit right on, and even with the ST
bars still pretty much clear the fairing (on full left
lock the throttle cable entry point on the right grip
*just* touches, but it doesn't hamper movement). The
stock cables and wiring aren't stretched, although
that may be because I re-routed the stock clutch cable
years ago, so you may have to do likewise.

It's much more comfortable, which means I can now stay
in the saddle indefinitely. I've noticed that the
upright stance also means I can look over my shoulder
more easily, so I'm safer in traffic, and I can still
even see a *little* bit of the road behind (but mostly
elbows) in those infamous short-stem mirrors!

The only real snag was that I got more wind blast on
fast open roads, but I've sorted that by fitting a
Zero Gravity sports-touring screen (a lovely well-made
bit of kit).

But! Now my helmet fogs more easily because of less
wind, so I guess a Fog City insert is the next thing
on the shoppping list.

When I come back in my next life I want to be a
motorcycle accessory dealer...

Barry
00RS