From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Chris Harwood
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 1:19 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] 99 sprint st chain adjusting question

Marc

The manual specifically says no load on the swingarm so I'd try to
stick a block under the sump if I didn't have a paddock stand.

Generally crank the adjusting bolts in/out by the same anount each side
after slackening the rear shaft and the locknuts.  There are indents
drilled behind the axle on the swingarm that allow you to check for
alignment with a steel rule etc. if you think the wheel may not be
straight to start with.

I'm assuming you're not SSSA!

What beer can I get you? <G>

Chris Harwood
00 RS with centre stand.

>>> MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 20/05/2005 10:53:18 >>>
Ever try ordering a beer and got the "invisible man" treatment from the
bartender ? My last couple of questions to this list didn't get any
response, must be my aftershave.........

Maybe I forgot to introduce myself - sorry. I'm a new convert to
Triumph, after years of charging around on jap and german stuff. So far
I'm pretty impressed.

Seriously though, I'd like to know how to get the chain adj done with
the bike on the side stand , if its possible, as my RS doesn't have a
centre stand.

thanks

Marc
Cape Town, South Africa