[ST] ST-RS

Having had both bikes ('00RS-'00ST ) apart to the frame for various
circumstances I won't get into,  you are right in your assumptions.

The ST bodywork would quite possibly be replaced by the RS but you would
have to figure out how to handle the gauges of the "closed" cockpit of the
ST when transitioning it to the "open" cockpit of the RS. The RS has the
single gage pod while the ST has the individual gauges on a bezel

The ST also uses a significantly different mounting frame for the gauges/
front fairing than the RS.  BUT if there is a whole RS in the works you can
change everything over to the ST.

My chief concern would be the differences between the '01 and the '04 for
which I am not clear on due to lack of first hand exposure

I know that people have put old ST bodywork on new STs so I imagine that all
the dangly bits/mounting holes are there but I would not trivialize the act.

You can likely do it and with the parts available why not!

Jay
'00ST

Neil wrote:
A friend of mine has crashed his '04 ST and he says most of the bodywork
needs to be replaced.

He has a line on an '01 RS with blown motor.