RE: [ST] Customizing for clearance

Well now that is an interesting point.  I might be using wishful thinking
that the clearance from the factory isn't quite so narrow between a plastic
fuel fitting and an aluminium frame.  I can only offer that I was shimming
vertically, and the rubber I was speaking of is actually a horizontal
affect(I hope that makes sense).

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
If shimming doesn't correct it, it's not compressed rubbers?

Chris Harwood
00 RS
>>> TrumpST@xxxxxxxxxxx 22/05/2005 21:40:44 >>>
<snip>

Did you try shimming the front mount and the rears at the same time?

--
Rick in Oregon

That is probably what is happening.

Shimming the rear put the front tank bolt hole to far forward of the
frame
hole.  Shimming both would not make up the difference.  I found it
shifted
the tank too far forward.  I didn't think to try shimming just the
front.  I
don't think it would have gained enough at the back of the tank to
make
better clearance.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<<<<<<<<