Re: [ST] Long time lurker with exhaust questions

1) Does the size / shape of the can (C2 / C4 / C5) matter in terms of making it work with the factory bags? Or is the size / shape issue purely cosmetic?

In terms of performance the shape is purely cosmetic.
There's more clearance for the bags and mounting hardware with the round cans but the ovals do fit. Barely.
TBR say all the pipes sound the same but in comparison to the C2 can I heard my C5 has a lower rumble.

2) Do I need to get a new tune loaded or am I good to go right out of the box?

It'll run with the stock tune but really benefits from the performance tune.
You'll have to have the CO level reset anyway so you may as well have the tune uploaded at the same time.

3) Finally - and probably most importantly - how big a job is this?

It's straight forward.
Just undo two bolts to release the stock can, hook the new can and intermediate pipe together with the springs supplied and bolt it on taking some time to get the alignment right and ensuring that the can doesn't touch the wheel, bag brackets or rear footrest hanger.

Howlin'