RE: [ST] Front Brake lever

Appreciate the information Fred, late or not.  We all seem to be busy
these days.  I'm going to try to straighten the twisted foot peg from
my February ice crash.  A few questions to make sure nothing was lost
in translation:

You wrote:
>> ...to straighten twisted alloy:
>>Rubb some soap to apply a thin layer on the part

I assume you mean to use a bar of soap as opposed to liquid, no?

>>and warm it w/ a gaz torch up to the point the soap begin to get
tained, and not more ( it would melt).

I know controlling the temperature is critical to keep from damaging
the alloy.  Do you mean... 'the soap begins to turn a tan color'?

>>In the same time, apply gently the strength to straiten it.

>>The soap has to advantages: indicating the max temp for alloy and
protect from corroding during warm up.  Let it cool down and wash it.

Again, thanks!
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST