[ST]rear hub play

hello all of you,

Does anyone check on a regular basis the play of the rear hub
to check the wearness of the bearings.

Yesterday night, I did because I noticed a weired noise sometime
when I start  moving.

And I noticed a mecanical play when grabbing the wheel one hand at top
and the other at the botom, pushing and pulling alternatively in an opposit direction.
I have to loose out the chain to double check.

One month ago I greased up the rear bearing (as mentioned in the schedule). I don't recall
any play. Thought it's tricky to detect it I could have miss it. I only did ~2000 km (1200 miles) since that.

Actually, I am not sure the noise is comming from the play. Could Murfy or some grimlins
be arround.

If somebody has some experience about that, advices would be appreciated.

Fred 02 ST BRG