Re: [ST]rear hub play

Hi Matt,

Did they change only the needle bearing or also the axle?
The bearing is rolling directly on the axle.

Thanks.

Fred 02 ST BRG

If the weird noise sounds like metal on metal, sort of like what brakes sound like when the pads are worn out, then it is time to have the bearing replaced. I was 120 miles from home when it started making noise and thought I would try to nurse it home. 20 miles later it froze up.

I wouldn't continue riding the bike until you've discovered the cause.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -