From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc
Van Est
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 6:27 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] poor performance on second start

I heard that sometimes after a hop in traffic the ST/RS can be prone to
"percolation" (spelling?) in the fuel line - heat build up causes an
vapourlock somewhere, and if you try to start before its cooled off you get
a rough idle or stuttering which eventually goes away.

Its apparently worse if the bike stands on an upward incline while hot.

A similar thing used to happen to my carb fed F650 - which loved to suddenly
die on breaking at stop streets etc, and would then refuse to restart. I
spent ages having mechanics mess around with float levels and idle jets
before they cracked the vapourlock hassle.

I don't know what the solution is, and it might be rubbish like so much
hearsay is!

cheers