Re: [ST] Lowrance i500C GPS - LOOK NEW GPS THREAD!!!!

Great unit, MP3 built in - two drawbacks I see for a motorcycle:
 1 - hard drive (rather than a flash memory) based unit. This is possibly
problematic in that hard drives don't like shocks and vibrations.
Flash-based memory has no moving parts, so bumps and the sort cannot damage
the drive, effectively rendering the unit useless.
 2 - size. The i500 is HUGE. Which is great for a car - large screen like
the built in units. But on a motorcycle it will look too big and take up too
much space.
 But the unit itself seems great...maybe just not the best thing for a
motorcycle.
  Matt Heyer