Re: [ST] For you Tiger riders... and maybe others

Joel,

There are a few easy things that can be done to lower the suspension on
the Sprint which you've already mentioned.  Beyond that I think you fall
into the "custom" modifications realm.  I know that Great Bay Triumph (my
local) have lowered to several bikes in the Triumph line so you might
give them a call - they've got an 800 number listed on their website
(www.greatbaymotorcycles.com).  On the DIY side I'd avoid messing too
much with the eccentric adjuster on the Sprint as this has been known to
cause chain wear problems in the past.

All that said I'm not sure if there's really a way to lower a Tiger to
the point where you'd be comfortable (assuming that your not comfortable
on the Sprint right now).  The Tiger has a seat height of some 33" and
the Sprint is 31.7" (using current model specs for comparison purposes).
  I think it's probably unreasonable to assume that you could lower the
bike 3" or more and not need to change a lot of things and adversely
effect the bike's performance.

HTH,

Nate
00SprintRS