Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 8, Issue 11

>Message: 7
>Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:09:39 -0500
>From: "Kevin Dicks" <rawsonboy@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 8, Issue 8
>To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Bob - is that you in the Vietnam folder on the site your referenced below
>(sorry if we weren't meant to look...) ?  If so, were you in the Signal
>Corps by any chance ?

Yes Kevin, that's me and help yourself to any thing on my site. Signal
Corps? Our term was Avionics. Or more specifically Radar/Radio Nav-aids.
Later I also worked on Doppler Radar, Radios and INS-(inertial navigation
systems) to cover the whole non "fire-control" gammit. Basically USAF
328X0-X4. It's changed now but we used to have to repair to componant level
and some of the gear still had "Valves=Vacuum tubes". I was in for 8 years
and used the GI bill to further my electronic training; mostly at nights
while working. Later, I was involved in designing some military GPS gear as
well as other microwave sub-systems.

>Cheers,

>Kevin

>P.s. I don't think the posts that Peter Wolf sends to the other list (I
read
>those also) can be considered spam - he does answer questions on that
forum.
>That said....$1,000 for an exhaust system and $1,200 for a GPS system is
>
>just plain daft.
Absolutely-:)

Bob Nixon, Chandler
01 Sprint ST 51K miles.